About Me

My photo
Joy Serves G*d in Joy as a passionate performing percussionist, poet, publisher, photographer, publicist, sound healer, spiritual guide, artist, gardener and Gemini. "Ivdu Et Hashem B'Simcha" -Psalm 100:2 ....... Joy Krauthammer, active in the Jewish Renewal, Feminist, and neo-Chasidic worlds for over three decades, kabbalistically leads Jewish women's life-cycle rituals. ... Workshops, and Bands are available for all Shuls, Sisterhoods, Rosh Chodeshes, Retreats, Concerts, Conferences & Festivals. ... My kavanah/intention is that my creative expressive gifts are inspirational, uplifting and joyous. In gratitude, I love doing mitzvot/good deeds, and connecting people in joy. In the zechut/merit of Reb Shlomo Carlebach, zt'l, I mamash love to help make our universe a smaller world, one REVEALING more spiritual consciousness, connection, compassion, and chesed/lovingkindness; to make visible the Face of the Divine... VIEW MY COMPLETE PROFILE and enjoy all offerings.... For BOOKINGS write: joyofwisdom1 at gmail.com, leave a COMMENT below, or call me. ... "Don't Postpone Joy" bear photo montage by Joy. Click to enlarge. BlesSings, Joy

Hardenbergia

All photos/materials in sites by Joy Krauthammer are under copyright by © Joy Krauthammer.
Permission by Joy Krauthammer, needed to copy/reprint/use. Request in Comments, FB or write personally. 


PURPLE HARDENBERGIA
In the Garden of Joy

This month (and still in process) I've had to cut back cut to the core of three important fantastic vine trunks; my vines lining entire long length of my hilly property. Too much dead vine within the new growth includes beloved purple Hardenbergia, and beautiful purple Passion flower* (again had nasty bug/barnacle scale), and another vine, Honeysuckle with yellow flower... They will again grow! About a dozen years ago I planted the Passion and also the Hardenbergia.

I had trained the Hardenbergia vine to grow on the house side of the long fence, but then also on the other slope side, and then on top, and it grew down to the ground.  The Passion vine grew so long it grew into the Hardenbergia. The Honeysuckle attached itself everywhere, even where not wanted. It is the strongest of all three. 


But I am sooooo sad because sweet Hardenbergia just sprouted it's annual PURPLE flower tight buds like teensy orchids. Gardener said it had 'to go' because of inner dry wood... Was it dead because I didn't hand water enough by hose or manual sprinkler?  (The sprinkler is on the slope side.) 

We do have drought, and water cost is very high.  I don't shower every day.  In summer I use a hose in garden to wash off after swimming in friend's pool, and the run off water goes onto grass.   Oh no, how will I hose off now with no vines covering fence to hide me????? 

 - Joy Krauthammer  2014



Hardenbergia. First purple blossom of the season. 
Grateful, after severe prunning.
I love these little guys. 
Garden of Joy
© Joy Krauthammer  1.20.2015

Hardenbergia
Grateful, after severe prunning.
I love these little guys. 
© Joy Krauthammer  2.12.2015



purple Hardenbergia Lilac Vine © Joy Krauthammer 



purple hardenbergia © Joy Krauthammer 


purple hardenbergia © Joy Krauthammer 


purple hardenbergia © Joy Krauthammer 

purple hardenbergia © Joy Krauthammer  2013


Purple Hardenbergia Lilac Vine
first blossoms after total heavy pruning 2014
© Joy Krauthammer 


Purple Hardenbergia Lilac Vine and Rain Drops
first tiny 1/4" blossoms after total heavy pruning 2014
© Joy Krauthammer 


* Passion Fruit and Flower vine intertwined with Hardenbergia
cut back again to trunk for 2nd time due to Barnacle Scale insect.

© Joy Krauthammer 

Passion Fruit and flower vine about 70 feet long
© Joy Krauthammer 

Feb. 2014 had to again for 3rd time, cut back Passion Vine because of Barnacle Scale. 
Vine totally died. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Shalom,
Thanks for visiting my Garden of Joy
BlesSings for reaping and sowing,
Joy